There are no doubts that being a mother is one of the toughest jobs in the world. And it’s not like you can have a break just when you want it. With this fact providing an extra pressure, no mother is super perfect.
CLICK AND START EARNING
Do you remember brushing your kid aside with that terrible “maybe” that is actually sugarcoated “no”? Everybody does that or something similar from time to time, so there’s no need to be ashamed of it. Imperfection is often fun.
Here are 12 phrases that most moms use sometimes to get through the day without losing it. Smile when you see something familiar or take it as a secret weapon!
1. “You ears turn red when you lie.”
Say that and watch your kids hiding ears every time they lie. That’s funny, but at the same time, they’ll learn that lying is bad!
2. “You used to love eating this when you were a baby!”
It can really help your picky eaters to get over their dislikes for healthy food. Not for long though, keep it in mind.
3. “Maybe we can go ______ tomorrow.”
If your children want to go somewhere too late or you simply don’t want to go there, you can use this trick and hope that they forget about it tomorrow morning.
4. “I don’t want the last piece, take it!”
This one goes the opposite direction. You are willing to sacrifice your desires to make your children happy. Of course, you don’t want that last delicious and juicy slice of pizza!
JUST A CLICK AWAY
5. “I’m fine, don’t worry about me.”
Here again, you just want to be tough for your children so they get everything they need. It’s good, but try to find help and allow yourself some well-deserved rest.
6. “I have eyes in the back of my head.”
It might not be that much of a lie as moms see everything, but it might help you calming the kids for some time.
7. “Change out of that wet bathing suit or you’ll get diarrhea.”
Spare your sofa and your nerves, it’s not that bad. Walking around in a wet suit is not good anyway.
8. “I don’t know what happened to that loud obnoxious toy you love to play with every waking moment.”
Sometimes not knowing can bring better night sleep. Don’t be too worried about it if that toy brought you to the boiling point.
9. “I’d never do [insert reckless behavior from your youth].”
Maybe you can laugh about it later. Much later!
10. “I’ll only be 5 minutes.”
A young kid’s perception of time is a bit off, you can count on that. And moms are busy, it’s fine.
GET FREE PAYOUT
11. “If you tell me the truth, you won’t get in trouble.”
Sometimes you just really need to find out the truth. What to do after the trick is another question.
It’s not a promise so you are off the hook! Even if you know that something never happens, sometimes it’s better to keep it to yourself.
And remember: Desperate times – desperate measures.